Thursday, January 8, 2015

More on My Documentary

As I begin production on my most recent piece of film work something did slip my mind that a friend of mine fortunately reminded me of. In previous posts I referenced that this documentary is focused in on the conflict that exists between homosexuality and Christianity. That said, it is not my intention to close this production off to just discussing the struggles of homosexuals, but included in the issue and discussing with also be those who are bi-sexual, transgendered and so on as they quite obviously fit into this same equation. One of the main focuses of this film is to find some compassion and understanding in an issue that has created a great deal of hostility in our civilization. Beyond that, the issue is often primarily pushed that gays are bad and sinful because they engage in, let's say, "romantic and relationship practices" that are against the rules of Christianity. The obvious argument then is if you're a man you are to only be romantic and have relationships with women and then vice verse. So obviously if one is bi-sexual or transgendered they don't fit into that perfect box anymore than one who is outright homosexual. So clearly they are every bit as important to the focus of this film; just wanted to make sure I cleared that up before proceeding on.

The most important aspect in this case, as far as effecting the film itself, is if one stumbles onto my posts looking to interview and get the perspectives of many people (particularly those who are directly effected by this struggle) I certainly didn't want people to keep reading "homosexual, homosexual, homosexual" and think I was keeping my focus only there. Therefore, if you are bi-sexual, for example, and even if you've never engaged in anything romantically or sexually with someone of the same sex you're feelings and perspective still definitely apply because you still understand what it's like to have feelings for and to be attracted to members of the same sex as yourself.

I'm certainly not expressing anything here that anyone won't understand but just again, clearing up the air as I proceed forward with this film production. The formal announcement has been posted and accepted on my IMDB page so there's another boost in the early going of this production. And again, if you're seeing this for the first time and interested in how the piece will be I would suggest taking a glance at the postings I've placed prior to this one. To just reiterate real quick, I am a filmmaker out of Portland, Oregon beginning work on my first ever documentary film. As a straight Christian who has found his life taking an interesting 180 degree turn since becoming a churchgoer I have been deeply bothered by the rift that clearly exists in many ways between Christianity and homsexuality (and again, this actually means anyone who isn't straight). I have been particularly bothered but the aggressive and sometimes unfeeling manner in which many Christians have gone by in order to try and combat those with different lifestyles. I will be continuing to post here about my feelings on this as I get to work as well as updates on the production. SO IF THIS FILM ATTRACTS YOUR ATTENTION AND YOU FEEL YOU HAVE SOMETHING RELEVANT TO SAY FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME! I am accepting video interviews from anyone anywhere across the country even if it's just you in front of your web cam. We fortunately have the technology now to where people can send videos across the country to me. You can contact me through my email: flmmkr25@hotmail.com

OR you can contact me at the Facebook page I've created for this film: https://www.facebook.com/christiangayfilm

Again thanks to all who read this and want to get involved and say their piece in this issue!

-Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment