All right everyone, going into the final stages before I launch my Indiegogo account for my upcoming web series that I will be starting here in January (approximately six weeks from now). Until then it will all be about refining the script, organizing cast and crew and, of course, networking like a lunatic. And I know I get some traffic here. I am a writer in addition to being a filmmaker. It too is one of my favorite outlets, which might be why when I write on here I tend to be a little long-winded. But that's just me, and yet I'm putting together a web series (a genre of visual entertainment with a focus in short episodes and moving with a flow from one event to another).
So obviously there will be a lost of posts pertaining to this production over the next couple of months as I try and obtain funding towards the production, but that won't be everything I write. Often when it comes to blogging I am very spontaneous. I see something or am reminded of something and suddenly I have a whole subject to write on. And not everything I wrote on this project is going to be that repetition of, "Please give me funding... please give me funding". I am looking to do that and obviously will be asking because I'm only trying to raise $1,500 in the next six weeks. But I will be making an effort to discuss updates in the project and delving into details as far as the story structure and the plot so anyone on here will know what the project is actually about. I'm even writing up a rather lengthy piece that revolves around the whole project (something of a "making of" type scenario but typed out). It delves into where that first inspiration began and continues up until now as I find myself going into the final stages of perfecting the script and making this cinematic experience come to life. I will be offering a copy of that to anyone who makes a $5 contribution or more so that everyone who even throws in just a few bucks really knows where their money is going towards. And I have discussed the overall concept of the piece in recent blogs on
here, so if you want to take a glance back you'll be able to check and
see for yourself.
But that's really about it. Tomorrow is just another beginning. I'll be up super early to put my Indiegogo campaign to work and hopefully all my hard work and networking will pay off. You'll know when, a few months from now, you turn on YouTube and stumble across and episode from my series and find yourself sucked in that it was definitely worth your while. Trying to make $1,500 in 45 days leaves my at a goal of $33 a day so honestly every dollar really counts. Hopefully there are some enthusiastic supporters of film and young independent members of the cinematic world who have some change lying around that they can toss into this work. It most definitely shall be appreciated.
And rest assured, I shall be back on here tomorrow, probably to chat up on this project a little more. But till then, these fingers are finally getting tired, and thus I bid you all a fond good evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment