Friday, January 17, 2014

My New Film!

Hey everyone!

I know in my last posting I was discussing the transition I went through in changing film projects I'm working on. I was planning on doing a web series for a while but it just started becoming more of a hassle than it was worth and, honestly, I kept hearing that voice in the back of my head saying, "This isn't you." I suppose I just have to accept the fact that while I'm interested in working on practically any type of film/video production, as far as the projects I control, I'm really just a through-and-through filmmaker. I'm just not a web series guy, at my core.

My new film, "My Inspiration", is set to tentatively begin filming in mid-February. I just launched a 30-day Indiegogo campaign yesterday hoping to raise an extra $750 to go towards the production of this piece. I have the link posted below as there's more information on the production as well as perks being offered for small contribution amounts.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/short-film-my-inspiration/x/1211654

I hate to sound like that person who spouts, "I've got a great idea and a dream!!!! Now give me some money!" But this film production is going to be a significant piece of work and a far step up from my past work and to step it up you just need more money to make it happen. I wish it weren't that way because I know how to go a long way in a production with little cash, but when you bring others on board, whether they love film as much as you do or not, you need to be able to supply for those individuals. Not a single penny of these contributions is coming back to me. This funding is all to go towards those involved to compensate them in various ways for being integral parts of the overall production.

I plan on doing a blog posting for every day between now and roughly a month from now when production begins just discussing various aspects of this film itself and just talking about insights I have on film (which too will connect with my film in some way). I look at that as the best way to put something of interest up here on my blog while also giving some attention to my most recent film production as well as I hope to get it both attention as a film and attention so I can bring some more funds in. So get ready for a months dosing of me! Overall I'm going to keep it brief tonight because I still have so much more prep work to do tonight as I move towards beginning production on this film. And again, you can get more information on it at my Indiegogo campaign page at:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/short-film-my-inspiration/x/1211654

I'll be back with plenty more for you all!

Good day! And thanks for any contributions you can make!
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment